Schedule an Appointment
Follow the steps below to schedule your aviation medical exam online
INFORMATION FOR PILOTS:
Pilots must complete form 8500-8 online prior to your exam. You must bring the confirmation number to your appointment.
To complete form visit: www.medxpress.faa.gov
FOR PATIENTS WITH HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE:
Hypertension forms are required annually for first and second class medical exams and every 2-5 years for third class medicals (depending on pilot's age).
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR FAA EXAM & HOUSE RULES :
1. Your FAA MedXpress CONFIRMATION number and copy of application form.–(issued at the successful completion of your MedXpress form 8500-8 application). As of October 1, 2012, the FAA requires all medical application are to be done online. NO AVIATION EXAM WILL BE DONE WITHOUT THIS CONFIRMATION NUMBER.
2. All FAA correspondence. If you have been granted a Special Issuance in the past, please bring this paperwork with you.
4. Reading and/or prescription glasses/lenses. Contact lenses DO NOT have to be removed prior to the exam.
5. If your medical status or medications have changed since your last FAA medical exam, bring current documentation.
6. Please call our office prior to your appointment if you have ANY questions related to your upcoming exam or current medical status.
7. Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled exam to complete any necessary paperwork.
8. As part of the required FAA testing, you will need to give a urine sample during your appointment.
9. You are required to present photo identification at time of exam.
10. We require 24 hour advance notice to reschedule an exam. Exams cancelled without 24 hour notice will not be rescheduled and subject to a no-show fee.
For all new HIMS patients, please contact Dr. Trachtman prior to scheduling initial appointment:
Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled exam.
My practice is 100% fee for service. I do not accept or file any insurance. Payment is expected at the time of exam. We accept cash, VISA, Discover, AmEx, MasterCard & Apple Pay.
3rd class: $125.00
2nd class: $140.00
1st class: $140.00
HIMS Consultation: $250.00/hour
Please note that this visit is considered an occupational screening exam and not a therapeutic complete physical examination administered by your own physician. Please understand we are not treating you for a medical condition at this exam. We examine the pilot making sure they satisfy the standards set forth in the Codes of Federal Regulation.
We do not take insurance; payment due at time of exam.
We do not participate in BasicMed.
Airman medical certificates expire in 6-60 months depending on age and class.
1st class (ATP) – every 12 months if younger than age 40, every 6 months if over 40 years old. Baseline EKG done at age 35, annual EKG’s after 40 years of age.
2nd class (Commercial) – 12 months duration
3rd class (private/student) – 2 years if over 40, 5 years if under 40 years old
WHAT IS HIMS?
HIMS is specific to commercial pilots and coordinates the identification, treatment and return to flying status of impaired aviators. Companies and pilot unions, along with the FAA and your HIMS AME work together to preserve the careers and further aviation safety. The FAA will send you a letter telling you if you require a HIMS AME, like Dr. Trachtman, one of a select few Senior AME’s who participate in the HIMS program.
I look forward to assisting you with your aviation needs. ✈️
Have a question?
(closed last Thursday of month)
Update: After 6/1 we will be open from 12-3pm.